1. Skip to content

Memorial from the Primitive Methodist Church

This small brass plaque is fixed to an internal wall in a vestibule once part of the entrance from Howe Lane. It is fixed below a larger plaque detailed on the previous page.

This plaque was originally in the Rothley Primitive Methodist Chapel on Mountsorrel Lane, fixed to a wooden altar table, and moved to the Wesleyan Chapel, Howe Lane, when the chapel was closed in 1969. The altar table did not survive.

It commemorates one member of the church:

PRESENTED BY

THE SUNDAY SCHOOL

TO THE GLORY OF GOD

IN MEMORY OF

PTE. PERCY TOONE

21206 WEST RIDING REGT

MISSING

CAMBRAI 1917

To find out more about Private Toone please click on the following link: